Thursday, January 17, 2013

January Stamp Clubs - Is Coppying Okay?

Below you are going to find all the projects we made at this month's stamp club.  Not a single one of them was designed by me.

Sometimes I feel like I should be down in my craft room designing unbelievable fabulous projects that I can share online like many others out there.  Here's the truth, I'm not that great of a designer.  Sometimes I can come up with something original that I absolutely love, but not usually.  

I am a busy Mom, and I don't have all day to spend designing original projects, just like many of you.  I am trying to run my business the best I can between my families busy schedule of swim practices (5 days a week), weekend long swim meets, girl scout meetings and soccer practice.  I am also the Girl Scout troop cookie mom for one of my girls, co-VP of the PTO, and sometimes a Sunday School Teacher.  Sound Familiar?  I know many of you are just as busy or even busier then I am.

I do feel however that I am fabulous at searching out others beautiful designs (usually while I am sitting at swim practice).  It is my job to bring my customers projects that they like to make, and it doesn't matter who designed them.

Stampin' Up! encourages "CASING" Copy and Share Everything.  Thank goodness for me.  Even though the projects you see here aren't usually original designs, I hope they inspire you to "CASE" them as they did me.   I do like to put my own little spin on things sometimes so they may not look exactly like the originals and you can do the same.

I hope that you can make a little time in your buy life to join a stamp club, or to sit down and try one of these projects yourself.  If you are brand new to stamping check out my previous post about our new Paper Pumpkin, that would be perfect for you!

 

 

IMG 5677

By the Tide is my favorite stamp set in the Spring Mini, living on Cape Cod, how could it not be.  Original design by sarahs31.

 

 

IMG 5673

We do a bit of Whale Watching on the Cape.  The card I cased was a bright yellow thank you card, but I loved the idea of making it a valentine.  Oh, Whale is in the Spring mini and there are also Happy Whale coordinating Clearlit's dies available to go along with it.  Original design by Shauna Cundick.

DSC 1018

 

 

IMG 5664

Chalkboards are HOT right now!  You can find the instructions for making them in my last newsletter, if you aren't getting that, make sure you subscribe (new customers only please, no current demonstrators.)  I used the Amazing Family stamp set for this card because I do have an Amazing Sister and I am planning to mail her this card.  Most of my club members used the "Friend" stamp from the set.  My design came from crossing a card designed by Julie Camell and a card designed by Becky Roberts.

NewImageNewImage

 

 

 

IMG 5662

This card layers the new Bitty Butterfly punch and the Elegant Butterfly punch.  I didn't change to much from the original. Because I didn't have the stamp set that was used I made it a birthday card and since I didn't have enough of the Delicate Details Lace Tape that was used on the original, I went with the new Natural Trim Ribbon in its place, my club members loved this.  Original design by Amy Oneill.

NewImage

 

 

 

IMG 5661

  I had wanted to use the Stylin' Snowfolk set on a christmas card, but I had so many other projects that it didn't happen.  When I saw this card, I fell in love with it.  You are getting a sneak peek at a few Sale-A-Bration items here.  The Sycamore Street DSP (Designer Series Paper) and the Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack will be FREE product choices with your $50 order beginning 1/22.  They are both also part of the Hostess Bundle that hostess can earn with a $450 workshop.  Original design by Laura Mellinger.

 

 

IMG 5658

Blooming with Kindness is a great set to begin card making with since it comes with an image and greetings.  On my card I actually used the Happy Birthday form Perfectly Penned.  I got the original card as a swap from Convention, it was designed by Susan Rodgers.

NewImage

 

1 comment:

StampingBetty said...

don't worry you do not need to reinvent the wheel!

ShareThis