Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference 2014


I just returned from the Stampin' Up! leadership conference in Houston a few days ago, what a great time.  This was 3 very full days of learning, stamping, and building friendships.  I love when I get to see so many of my stamping friends from all across the country (and Canada).


I went a day early so that I could spend time with a dear friend that grew up with who now lives in TX.  We participated in a Shoe Box Swap during our first morning.  Since my friend wasn't a stamper (past tense) I designed her project for her.  Here are my designs that everyone made.

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Stamp Sets: Another Great Year
Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake,  Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Black Embossing Powder, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Glitter, Bermuda Bay Marker, Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon, Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail.

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Stamp Sets: Four You, Petal Parade**
Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake,  Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Fresh Prints Stack
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Real Red
Accessories:   Arrows Embossing Folder, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim, Big Shot, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail.

**2014 Sale-A-Bration Catalog (January 28 to March 31, 2014)

At bag pick up (don't you just love our bags), we ran into Rich Jutkins, Stampin' Up!'s President.

I, and everyone in attendance, was so excited to see Shelli take the stage for the first time since her horseback riding accident in August.  She looked fabulous as always.



To wrap up the first day of the conference, Stampin' Up! treated all Managers and above in attendance to the annual Manager's Receptionat at the Houston Downtown Aquarium, where no expense was spared!


All throughout the conference demonstrators swap their creations to take home and show to all of you.  I swapped not only the ones that I designed for the shoe box swap, but this one also:




Stampin’ Up! products used:
Stamp Sets: Hello, Sailor
Card Stock:   Pacific Point, Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Whisper White

Designer Series Paper: Hight Tide
Ink: Pacific Point, Smoky Slate
Accessories:  1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, White Stampin' Chalk Marker, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail.


When the official conference was over, I met up with a group of ladies that I am part of a training group with for a class and a swap.  Here is my design:




Stampin’ Up! products used:
Stamp Sets: See Ya Later**
Card Stock:  Pistachio Pudding, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake,  Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Sorbet**
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories:   Decorative Dots Embossing Folder**, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail.

**2014 Sale-A-Bration Catalog (January 28 to March 31, 2014)

Leadership couldn't have been better.   Three of my roommates I had never met before, but we all became instant friends and had a blast together.  


A tradition between roommates for Stampin' Up! events is to give a little gift.  This is the one I made for all my roomies.  I cased this little jar from Denise Donald.  Before I gave it to them, I filled it with CHOCOLATE.


Stampin’ Up! products used:
Stamp Sets: Make Note This and That Rotary Stamp
Card Stock:  Coastal Cabana, Summer Starfruit,  Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Fresh Prints Stack
Ink: Coastal Cabana

Accessories:   Spiral Flower Originals Die, Circle Punch, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Retro Fresh Washi Tape, Burlap Ribbon, Gold Bakers Twine, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail.

I can't wait to see everyone again at Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City!

1 comment:

Denise Donald said...

So cool! I love your jar!!! I wish I could have been at leadership too.

ShareThis